An awarding body designs, develops, delivers and awards the recognition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and/or competences) of an individual following an assessment and quality assurance process that is valued by employers, learners or stakeholders.
Full members include awarding organisations recognised by Ofqual, CCEA, Welsh Government and SQA. Some organisations that have other forms of external oversight, meet our definition of an awarding body and agree to work in accordance with our Principles of Full Membership:
- have the necessary resources and expertise to offer qualifications and other validation of learning outcomes to a recognised and transparent standard that meet the needs of learners, employers and stakeholders.
- ensure that assessment of their qualifications and other validation of learning outcomes is conducted with transparency, fairness, integrity and consistency to the identified standard.
- award qualifications and any other validation of learning outcomes that are trusted and valued by those who have an interest in them and which promote equality of opportunity.
- safeguard the confidentiality of personal data as appropriate.
- have clear, accessible and fair means of redress when things go wrong.
- have governance arrangements which effectively monitor, evaluate and seek to improve overall performance.
- always act in a way which maintains and does not impact adversely on the reputation of FAB.
- be subject to oversight by a reputable external agency
Associate member list